Thursday 26 May 2011

COMMON MAN

TOOK TIME OUT OF STUDYING TO FREESTYLE

COMMON MAN.
I am the Common Man,
I am the man with no voice,
I am the man who bears the burden for a better tomorrow,
I am the man who pays tax that has no effect in my life,
I am the man whom the government takes from but cannot deliver dividends of democracy to,
I am the man with a vision that cannot be actualised,
I am the down-trodden man,
I am the man who starves during the day, not because I want to, but so that I may eat at night,
I am the man exposed to the most rudimentary form of education under no shelter,
I am the man who will  lose my life to basic illness because the Health Sector has failed me
I am the man who sleeps in darkness, night after night
I am the Jobless man with a certificate, 
I am the Common Man
                                             Copyright -Temitope Adebutu

No comments:

Post a Comment